If you already have a scheduled test appointment:
Your test appointment will proceed as scheduled unless you receive an email cancellation.
If your test appointment is cancelled:
You will receive an email cancellation if your test center closes. Please allow 1–3 days for the test to show as available for reschedule in your testing account. Once available, you may reschedule your test as best fits your needs. No fees will be incurred for rescheduling your appointment.
If you need to schedule or reschedule a test appointment:
Please note that only test centers that are open will appear during the scheduling process. Tip: Try searching for alternate testing dates or for a test center slightly farther away.
If you are ill on the day of your test appointment:
Do not report to the test center. If you miss your appointment due to illness, please review the absentee policy for emergency circumstances, which includes information about requesting a refund.
If you have any questions or need help:
Please contact Customer Support.
Health and Safety Measures at Pearson VUE-Owned Test Centers*
At our company-owned test centers, we are following recommendations from the CDC and World Health Organization for preventing the spread of COVID-19.
*We also encourage our partner test centers to implement these precautionary measures.
We will continue to:
- Make hand sanitizer available
- Increase our cleaning and disinfecting regimens in between all testing appointments
- Provide tissues to candidates upon arrival at the test center
What candidates should know:
- You will be asked to acknowledge that you have not been in contact with any affected persons and that you are not exhibiting any symptoms.
- Wash your hands or utilize hand sanitizer upon arrival at the test center.
- Please cover your nose and mouth in case of sneezing or coughing.
- We are now allowing candidates to wear disposable gloves during testing. Test administrators will inspect the gloves both before and after the exam, and the gloves will be disposed of in front of the proctor upon completion of the test.
- If you are unwell or exhibiting symptoms, such as fever and/or respiratory difficulties, please reschedule your testing appointment in advance.
- Some regional test centers may require candidates to provide a temperature check upon arrival.